When is the application period for OEP?
OEP sends students overseas twice a year: January and August. Please check the “OEP Application Information” page for the updated application dates.
August intake estimated timeline: November – February
January intake estimated timeline: April – July
2. What is the eligibility criteria for OEP?
Students must be enrolled in full-time NTU undergraduate courses.
Students should have at least one remaining semester of study upon returning to NTU without exceeding their maximum candidature (depends on course curriculum).
Students should have the interest to pursue entrepreneurship and possess the maturity to thrive in a foreign and highly competitive environment.
Students should have completed at least 2 semesters in NTU before embarking on the programme. Students are encouraged to apply to participate in OEP during their penultimate or final year.
For scholars, please check with your scholarship administrators first on your eligibility to participate in the programme.
Note: No extension of candidature provided that students have planned their modules properly in advance. Confirmation of a place in OEP is subject to final placement offers by start-ups.
3. If my CGPA is lower than 3.50, am I eligible to apply?
We do not look solely at the CGPA. It’ll be a holistic assessment to determine whether you will be suitable for the programme. However, if you intend to clear your internship credits, your CGPA needs to be minimally 3.30 (NTU’s requirement). Students can otherwise choose to take a Leave of Absence (LOA) for the programme and will not earn any credits.
4. How do I apply for OEP?
Submit a soft copy of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a. Application Form (refer to “OEP Application Information” page
c. Degree Audit
d. Essay of not more than 300 words indicating
- Why you will make a good candidate
- Your entrepreneurial aspirations
- How you will benefit from the programme
e. A self-introduction video of not more than 5 minutes where you should
- explain why you are suitable for OEP
- describe any past entrepreneurial/ internship experience
- provide an explanation on your choice of locations and preferred roles/ industries
- give your assessment of the profile of your preferred first choice destination
5. Can I apply for OEP if I am on scholarship?
- Students on scholarships must check with their respective scholarship administrators or providers first on their eligibility to participate in the OEP before applying. Selected candidates will only be permitted to embark on this programme after meeting the eligibility criteria.
6. Can I go for GEM Explorer before embarking on OEP?
Students are encouraged to be in NTU Singapore in the semester before embarking on OEP as we will be conducting briefings and interviews for all outgoing students. However, we will review each student on a case-by-case basis. You can participate in GEM Explorer before completing OEP subject to you meeting your minimum residential candidature.
7. Can I graduate immediately after returning from OEP?
8. Can I apply for OEP if I am currently in my freshman year?
9. Am I eligible to apply for OEP if I am a graduate student?
10. If I am an international student, will I be eligible for the programme?