The Master of Science in Technopreneurship and Innovation Program or MSc TIP is the 1st of its kind in Asia's Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation educational program. A fast-track approach to entrepreneurship, it is a program of "real-life" study and experiences with unique features including:
Unique Teaching Pedagogy
Designed with a potential entrepreneur in mind, TIP provides each participant with a wholesome learning experience through a rich array of activities beyond the classroom. With a unique teaching pedagogy, it expertly combines institutionalized learning with Practical Learning Experience, Global Immersion Training and Transformational Experience. By using integrative analytical education tools and dynamic simulations programs, participants will learn how to solve problems and make business decisions effectively.
MSc TIP is an intensive 1-year full time master program offered by NTU. It is modelled against the entire venture creation process and effectively delivered through our unique Teaching pedagogy.
MSc TIP Candidates start off the program through a specially designed high-impact team bonding program at the Outward Bound Singapore (OBS). After which MSc TIP Candidates are put through a rigorous knowledge competency building and experiential learning at NTU. Expanding their horizon and global views, MSc TIP Candidates are immersed into a global immersion program countries such as US, UK and/ or Malaysia.
Real-life applications and entrepreneurial experiences
Working with inventors, MSc TIP Candidates form "venture teams" to evaluate Intellectual Properties (IPs) positions and develop business plans and concepts for "patented" emerging technologies created from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) or other selected institutions.
Respected entrepreneurs, legal professionals, inventors, officers from government agencies and venture capitalists work with "venture teams" to provide guidance, expertise and resources.
Enriching experiences and exceptional resources
Tap into the invaluable Technology Entrepreneurship ecosystem on both sides of the world through networking sessions with entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalists such as Nanyang Technological University(NTU) Entrepreneurship and Innovation Week and corporate visits.
MSc TIP candidates come to the program knowing that their careers will be entrepreneurial. They are risk-takers who can think on their feet and who are committed to searching for more innovative ways to use the resources at hand to create new business (either as a start-up or as a new venture within an established firm) or as Entrepreneurial leaders in the corporation who is capable of showing and revitalizing the business in the mounting competitive market space.
3. What are the admission requirements ?
For admissions as a candidate into the MSc TIP program, the applicant must possess:
- A good Bachelor's degree in no particular discipline of his university or such graduate of another university as the Academic Board may approve.
- A strong passion for Entrepreneurship.
- Proficiency in English Language.
Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in person, or in some cases, a telephone/SKYPE interview may be arranged.
Admissions are also open to all university students graduating in May each year.4. What will be taught?
The curriculum consists of 14 modules:
- TP6001 - Entrepreneurship & Business Planning
- TP6002 - New Venture and Entrepreneur Marketing
- TP6003 - Venture Capital Financing
- TP6004 - Intellectual Property, Technology Evaluation & Commercialization
- TP6005 - Strategic Human Resource Management for New & Ongoing Ventures
- TP6006 - Strategic Management for New Ventures & Technology Firms
- TP6007 - Seminars on Special Topics in Technopreneurship
- TP6008 - New Venture Creation: Implementing Business Strategy
- TP6009 - New Venture Creation: Managing Growth
- TP6010 - Developing New Business Models for Emerging Technologies
- TP6101 - Technology, Innovation & Design
- TP6102 - Sustainable Leadership & Strategy Innovation
- TP6103 - Corporate Finance and Merger & Acquisition
- TP6104 - Entrepreneurship Case Study Project
Please refer to our Curriculum section for more information.
5. What is the duration of the program?
MSc TIP is a 1 year full time master program offered by Nanyang Technological University.
MSc TIP classes will be conducted at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). As part of the Global Immersion Program, MSc TIP candidates will be immersed in countries such as US, UK, China and/ or Malaysia.
The candidature period for MSc TIP is 3 years.
6. What will I be conferred as at the end of the program?
Successful graduates will be conferred The MASTER OF SCIENCE IN TECHNOPRENEURSHIP & INNOVATION PROGRAM degree from NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY.
7. When is the application deadline?
Admission is CONTINUOUS. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to send in their applications early.
There are 2 phases of application for admission.
The application deadline for Phase 1 of MSc TIP AY2012 is on 31 December 2011 and Phase 2 of MSc TIP AY2012 is on 31 March 2012.
Interview schedule are pre-arranged for shortlisted candidates only. Please kindly check with the admission officer for the available interview schedule.
8. Is there an application fee?
A non-refundable application fee of SGD 53.50 must accompany your application. Please do not send cash.
Please mark out the cheque or cashier order to:
Nanyang Technological University
9. How much are the course fees?
|Program Fee* (1 year) ||SGD 39,000 |
|Registration Fee ||SGD 53.50 |
|Student Card Fee ||SGD 10.70 |
|Examination Fee ||SGD 160.50 |
|Computer Fee ||SGD 13.90 |
|Copyright Fee ||SGD 10.00 |
|Amenities Fee ||SGD 12.80 |
10. What does the Program Fee include?
1. Tuition fee
2. Instructional materials including cases, simulation materials, course books, executive programs binders, etc.
3. Global Immersion Program:
- Return economy class airfare
- Corporate study visits
11. Are there educational loans and/or scholarship available?
MSc TIP candidates can apply to NTUC Thrift* for an Education Loan.
For more information please call NTUC Thrift Head Office Service Hotline at +65 6238 0550 or visit their website at www.ntucthrift.com.sg
Singaporeans and Singapore PR may apply for the Management Development Scholarship (MDS)* scheme under SPRING Singapore.
For more information on the MDS Scheme, kindly contact Ms Feranita at 6316 2886 or visit the website at MDS Scheme by SPRING Singapore.
Click here for more details on available Grants and Scholarships.
*Terms & Conditions applies
12. How are applicants evaluated and selected for the MSc TIP Program?
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to the Nanyang Technopreneurship Center for an interview. NTU-NTC would like to get to know you - as a potential candidate, as a performer, as a writer, as an entrepreneur, as an individual, etc.
In a broad overview, the selection process consists of indepth interview by a panel of interviewers; review and recommendation by the management of NTC; and review and approval by the Selection Committee.
NTU-NTC is proactively and constantly looking out for individuals who have an inclination and dedication to being entrepreneurial, possess deep passion for entrepreneurship, and keen to give back to society.
13. How do I apply?
Please refer to our Admission Requirements section for application information.
14. Where is Nanyang Technopreneurship Center (NTC)?
NTC is located at Nanyang Technological University. Please click here for a map.
15. Who should I speak to if I want to know more about the program?
You may contact: